Frequently Asked Questions
WHO CAN USE AGRIKUBIC?
We have designed AGRIKUBIC to satisfy the needs of two specific areas: production and investigation.
All agricultural producers dedicated to traditional greenhouse crops who may want to undertake part of their production indoors. Buds, shoots and green leaves grow much better infoors; they have short cycles
and AGRIKUBIC allows for their cultivation all year round without having to worry ever again about plagues, insects, rain or hailstorms. Thanks to its remote control, you can relocate part of the produce,
bringing it closer to certain clients who may be harder (and more expensive) to reach. However, it is not only made for producers, but also for restaurants, hostels, school canteens who may want to offer fresh,
zero-km produce, or military or humanitarian programmes.
Regarding AGRIKUBIC's investigation, it is a perfect alternative to phytotrons, nurseries or cultivation chambers. It has the same features, plus more such as hydroponics, the remote control and the large space
available at a much cheaper price per square metre. So, biotechnology companies, seed and fertiliser producers, research centres, labs, pharmaceutical companies or universities are some of the entities
whose work can be facilitated by AGRIKUBIC’S features.
WHAT CAN GROW IN AN AGRIKUBIC CONTAINER?
The total control of climatic and ferti-irrigation conditions makes it possible to adapt the environment to the needs of most of crops for fresh consumption (lettuce, endive, chard), strawberries, sprouts and microgreens, ornamental plants, aromatic plants, flowers (including edible species) and species used in the production of pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
WHAT DOES THE AGRIKUBIC CONTAINER INCLUDE?
- Fully controlled growing environment
- Flexible lighting system with different spectrums and LED types (including UV)
- Integrated airflow mechanism for uniform air circulation
- Dual irrigation (aeroponic and hydroponic) with float/barge system
- Underfloor heating
- Integrated UV sterilisation
- Multi-sensor focus
- Integration with Agrikubic software that gives operators the ability to manage, supervise and monitor all processes of their vertical farm
- Auxiliary climate and lighting control systems
- Installation and aftercare services
- Wi-Fi connectivity
WHAT IS THE RETURN ON INVESTMENT (ROI) OF AN AGRIKUBIC CONTAINER?
There is no single answer to this question. The return will depend on important factors such as, for example, the demand for the chosen crops or the cost of electricity in that area.
WHAT IS THE ELECTRICAL COST OF AN AGRIKUBIC CONTAINER?
The electricity consumption of a 40ft container is 12 KWh/hour, or 8 KWh/hour for a 20ft. It is possible to install solar panels on both of these for a more economical and sustainable self-consumption solution.
HOW DOES AGRIKUBIC RESPOND TO ANY PROBLEMS EHICH MAY ARISE?
AGRIKUBIC has a dedicated customer service support team who will be with you from the moment you purchase the container and will guide you through training, delivery, installation, and the first harvest.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR INSTALLING AN AGRIKUBIC CONTAINER?
- Site dimensions: There are no recommended dimensions, it can be installed both indoors and outdoors.
- Electricity: it needs accessibility to a power supply.
- Water: it needs accessibility to a water supply.
- WIFI: to be able to use the control platform and the data in the cloud, you need to be connected to a WiFi network.
always in touch
Join the world of indoor agriculture
Do you need support or advice about the services or products that we advertise? Contact the Agrikubic team and we will help you with whatever you need.